2010 Oklahoma Form 512 2-D Instructions
(Return Type: Consolidated)
Please print and read these instructions before completing the Form 512 2-D!
Important Note: The numeric fields of this filing option will only accept nine digits. If you have monetary amounts in excess of nine digits, please use the fill-in form within the 512 Packet.
What is a 2-D barcode?
The barcode is created as the fill-in fields of the form are completed. It contains all the information required to process your return. This allows the Oklahoma Tax Commission to scan the barcode and eliminates the need for manual data entry. This results in faster, more efficient processing of tax returns and quicker refunds to the taxpayer.
This form has been enhanced to calculate mathematically and will create a 2-D barcode when printed.
You may need to download the instruction packet for this form before you begin. (512 Packet)
In order to ensure calculations work correctly, please observe the following:
- Fields highlighted in yellow are calculated fields. Amounts cannot be entered into these fields. The amounts reflected in the yellow fields can only be changed by entering new amounts in a field which is part of the calculations.
- Fields that are blank, or highlighted in blue, will allow you to enter an amount.
- It is important to complete the schedules and form in the proper order. By following these steps, you will be assured to have the figures you need for each step of the filing process:
- Complete Schedule A, B (if required), the Balance Sheet, Schedule OK-M1 and OK-M2 for each subsidiary and print. You must print each subsidiary's schedules as you complete them, as you cannot save your data once the file is closed. You will also want to print a copy for your records. (Note: when completing Schedules A or B, do not accrue tax.)
- Next, you will need to open the Form 512-2D and complete the top portion (name, address, FEI, corporation type, etc.).
- Next, complete pages 2-4 of the Form 512-2D for the parent company. This will be the Schedules A, B (if required), the Balance Sheet, Schedules OK-M1 and OK-M2.
- Minimize the Form 512-2D file on your screen. DO NOT CLOSE THE FILE. (Note: when completing Schedules A or B, do not accrue tax.)
- Open Form 512-TI: Computation of Oklahoma Consolidated Taxable Income. You will use the Oklahome income figures from your subsidiary schedules and your parent company schedules to complete this form. Print a copy of this form when complete to attach to your final 512-2D and one for your records. Do not close the file before you print.
- Now, open/maximize the Form 512-2D from the bottom of your screen. Complete page one beginning with line 1 taken from Form 512-TI, line 5. Once you have completed the form, print all four pages (one to mail and one for your records).
- Please be sure to check all your information prior to printing. Do not make any changes to the printed form. If changes are needed, please make them on the computer, then, print the form. Changes made to the form after printing will not be reflected in the 2-D barcode, and could result in a delay in processing your return.
When mailing your return be sure to include any required documentation such as any required Federal or Oklahoma forms or schedules. This includes, but is not limited to, a copy of the Federal consolidated return. If your return is a tax due return, make your check payable to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Please mail the orginal return, not the copy, as this provides a clearer 2-D image. Returns should be mailed to:
Oklahoma Tax Commission
Post Office Box 269045
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-9045
If you need assistance, please call (405) 521-3126.
Be sure to print and attach all schedules to Form 512.