IT Project Management Office & QA Manager (Info Design Unit Mgr #1238)
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), a government agency with the State of Oklahoma, is seeking an IT Project Management Office (PMO)/Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to join the Information Technology (IT) Division.
This position will have a managerial responsibility for a project management group in the OTC IT Division. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and facilitation skills, experience managing project management resources and staff, experience using methodologies and tools to document project efforts, and the ability to oversee multiple projects in a governmental environment. The candidate must have a background of successfully leading a group of professionals in a demanding and ever changing environment. It is preferred that the candidate has experience as both a project manager and in a project management manager/supervisor capacity. This position will have the responsibility of managing projects while leading and mentoring project managers in project initiation, planning, execution, as well as monitoring and controlling, through project completion. This position will be responsible for conducting meetings, setting and managing to deadlines, communicating with project owners and resources, using project planning software and the Microsoft Office suite of products, gathering and documenting business requirements, and keeping projects on track and within budget.
This position will also have managerial responsibility to develop, lead and mentor the Quality Assurance (QA) team. The candidate will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical specifications, assist QA Team members through careful testing and enforce adherence to a defined change management process. The candidate will work with end users, project managers, and applications development staff.
- Manages and leads a Project Management Office and a Quality Assurance Team.
- Mentors project managers and quality assurance staff to ensure their adherence to agency and division standards.
- Creates and maintains project documentation to identify, evaluate, scope, plan, monitor, and follow up on active projects.
- Reviews and approves project documentation.
- Maintains and updates PMO Project Lists to include pending, active, closed, and on-hold projects.
- Conducts and participates in meetings to perform analysis, gather requirements, and track project progress through completion.
- Conducts weekly project review meetings.
- Facilitates problem-solving sessions.
- Recognizes when and determines the appropriate corrective action to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and scope.
- Builds the Quality Assurance team and refines and directs disciplined testing programs.
- Plans, organizes and directs quality assurance activities on agency software products.
- Effectively communicates, collaborates and coordinates with end users, resource managers and other development, testing, and project resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science or MIS. Other degreed disciplines may be considered.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience managing projects is necessary. Experience as a project management manager/supervisor is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to lead, motivate, and promote team building and goal attainment.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direction and supervision
- $5,700.00 month
Longevity payment after two years of employment
Employment with the OTC offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume online through monster.com or by email to email@example.com with an indication of what position is being applied for.