IT Help Desk Technician (DPPA #1414)
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), a government agency with the State of Oklahoma, is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join the Enterprise Support & Services group of the IT Division.
The successful candidate must be able to provide outstanding customer service and Tier 1 and Tier II support functions in a dynamic technical Help Desk. Candidates should be motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making capabilities while producing quality results in a fast paced environment. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are essential. Must be comfortable working in a team environment and have strong people skills and telephone etiquette. Must be able to establish, maintain and follow documented Help Desk procedures and provide problem escalation information and status reports as required.
- Log and track customer calls using problem management system and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Provide top quality customer service by assisting customers with problems that occur with hardware, software, printers and network issues.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to technical issues regarding desktop operating systems, Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2003 & 2010, Active Directory, and Exchange email.
- Monitor Help Desk Email box, log issues and forward to appropriate areas.
- Reset passwords for Mainframe, Oracle and Network
- Resolve account lockout issues
- Assist customers with Laptop and Tablet connectivity and encryption issues
- Research problems to provide solutions to a variety of technical issues from operating systems, software, printers and email.
- Install and configure peripherals, software and operating systems.
- Monitor outstanding issues to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Act as a liaison between end-users, technical support staff and management.
- Manage Help Desk email and phone activity, providing strong customer service and effective dissemination of problem resolution or problem escalation.
- Provide status updates to functional areas with open trouble tickets.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A+ Certification and/or MCP Certification is a plus
- 2 years experience in Help Desk or technical support
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003 applications. Currently migrating to Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft certifications desirable
- 1+ years of Active Directory experience
- Experience with MS Exchange 2003/2007 administration desired
- Detail oriented, flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and organizational levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- $3,500.00 month
Longevity payment after two years of employment
Employment with the OTC offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume online through monster.com or by email to email@example.com with an indication of what position is being applied for.