homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

If an entity only has income from investments in other entities (i.e. all flow through income), is it required to file?  For example, ABC Partnership owns an interest in XYZ Partnership.  XYZ Partnership is a retail location that sells widgets in Oklahoma.  XYZ Partnership is clearly doing business in Oklahoma.  ABC Partnership is merely an investor in XYZ Partnership and has no other business activities.  Question – is ABC Partnership doing business in Oklahoma?

Yes, the described entities are doing business in Oklahoma as defined in the Business Activity Tax Act and are required to file the BT-190 and pay the applicable tax.



If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2011, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 6/16/2011


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information