homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

If I e-file my income tax return, do I have to mail anything to the Oklahoma Tax Commission?

  • Generally, once you have e-filed your income tax return, and if you are due a refund then you do not need to mail anything to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. The program you use to prepare your return will prompt you to print a signature document to sign and keep with copies of your tax return, W2’s, and other important tax documents.
  • However, there are some situations when the Oklahoma Tax Commission will need additional documents to complete the processing of your return. This usually happens if you have claimed certain credits, or are claiming credit for taxes paid to another state. The program you use to prepare your taxes will prompt you to print out the appropriate transmittal form 511EF and provide you with additional information.
  • Should you owe taxes, and are not paying electronically, then you will need to mail your payment to the Oklahoma Tax Commission along with the payment voucher form 511V.

If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2011, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 04/01/2011

forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information