Here are the top eight reasons why last year more than one million Oklahomans filed their tax returns electronically:
1. It’s easy. You can usually file a state tax return at the same time you electronically file your federal tax return.
2. It’s accurate. Errors are reduced because e-file checks for math errors and necessary information. This not only increases the accuracy of your return, but it also reduces the need for correspondence with the Oklahoma Tax Commission to clarify errors or omissions.
3. No more second-guessing yourself. When you file electronically, the computer software or online program guides you through the process step-by-step.
4. You’ll get your refund faster. When you use e-file, your state refund is returned to you in less than two weeks, and often times in days if you choose direct deposit.
5. There are more payment options. With e-file, you can file your return early, but wait to pay any balance due by the April deadline. You can also pay electronically using a credit card or electronic funds withdrawal from a bank account.
6. It’s fast. You don’t have to make a trip to the post office. In fact, you won’t even need to walk to the mailbox to send your return. Just click Send.
7. You’ll know the Oklahoma Tax Commission received your return. After you transmit your State return, wait a few days then return to the software’s website to verify your returns have been filed. There is no more guessing if your return has been received.
8. You’ll have peace of mind. After clicking send …kick back and relax – you’re done! Once you verify that your return has been accepted there is nothing else you have to do.