homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

What if I cannot file by the due date?

You may request an extension of time to file your Oklahoma income tax return. If you have a valid extension of time to file your Federal return and no Oklahoma tax is owed, your Federal extension automatically extends the due date of your Oklahoma return. A copy of the Federal extension must be enclosed with your Oklahoma return. If your Federal return is not extended or an Oklahoma tax is owed, an extension of time to file your Oklahoma return can be granted on Form 504.

Keep in mind that an extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay the tax. An extension is valid only when 90% of the tax is paid by the original due date of the tax return.

If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers is how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2005, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 09/01/2005

forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information