homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

Does Oklahoma Tax all of my retirement income?

Civil Service Retirement in Lieu of Social Security..

Each individual may exclude a percentage (see chart below) of their retirement benefits received from the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), including survivor benefits, paid in lieu of Social Security to the extent such benefits are included in the Federal Adjusted Gross Income. Multiply your taxable CSRS retirement benefits by appropriate percentage below and enter here. The amount remaining will qualify for retirement exclusion on Schedule 511-A, line 5. Enter your Retirement Claim Number from your Form CSA 1099-R in the box on Schedule 511-A, line 3. Enclose a copy of Form CSA 1099-R with your return. To be eligible, the CSA 1099-R must be in your name.

The percentages are as follows:

  • 2007 - 20%
  • 2008 - 40%
  • 2009 - 60%
  • 2010 - 80%
  • 2011 and thereafter - 100%

Note: Retirement benefits paid under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) do not qualify for this exclusion. However retirement benefits that contain both a FERS component and a CSRS component, the CSRS component will qualify for the exclusion.

If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2009, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 1/7/2009

forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information