homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

As an Oklahoma resident, can I exclude any of my military wages from Oklahoma income tax?

Effective July 1, 2010 through tax year 2014, an Oklahoma resident who is a member of any component of the Armed Services may exclude 100% of his/her taxable active duty military pay. This includes Reserve and National Guard pay. (Form 511, Schedule 511-C or Form 511NR, Schedule 511NR-C)

For Tax Year 2010 the military member will be entitled to a $1,500 exclusion for the income earned during the first six months and a 100% exclusion on the income earned during the 2nd six months. There is a worksheet in the 2010 income tax packet to help determine the exclusion.

Note: Any individual who is retired from any component of the Armed Forces may exclude the greater of $10,000 or 75% of their retirement income beginning with tax year 2007 (50% for 2006). (Form 511, Schedule 511-A or Form 511NR, Schedule 511NR-B). For prior year exclusions, please see applicable individual income tax packet.

If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2012, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 5/22/2012

forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information