homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

Does the tax exempt card stop upon death of the Veteran?


Senate Bill 46, effective August 24, 2012, expands the sales tax exemption for 100% disabled veterans to include sales to the surviving spouse of a deceased qualified veteran if the surviving spouse has not remarried. Sales qualifying for exemption are limited to $1,000 per year for a qualifying un-remarried surviving spouse.

To receive an exemption card, the applicant must provide to the Taxpayer Assistance Division, Oklahoma Tax Commission, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs {"VA”} that applicant is the surviving spouse of a deceased veteran who was determined by the VA prior to his/her death to be honorably discharged, 100% service-connected, permanent and total disabled. You should contact the Oklahoma Department of Veteran's Affairs at 1-888-655-2838 for assistance with this Oklahoma benefit.


If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2013, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 7/25/2013


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information