homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

If a vendor refuses to accept the exemption card, can I get a refund of the sales tax on that purchase?

Yes, you can get a refund of the sales tax.  Download form 13-9 "Application for Credit or Refund of State and Local Sales or Use Tax".  Complete the form, attach copies of your receipts and mail to:  Oklahoma Tax Commission, Account Maintenance Division, P. O. Box 269060, Oklahoma City, Ok. 73126-9060.

With the passage of SB1084, effective August 25, 2006, vendors are now required to accept the Veterans Exemption Card.

If a vendor chooses not to accept the card, they could face a $500 fine.

If you have been denied the exemption, please use Form 13-37 to notify the Oklahoma Tax Commission of the offense.

Downloads: Form 13-9 Application for Credit or Refund of State and Local Sales or Use Tax

                       Form 13-37 Notification of Denial of Exemption

If your question has not been answered, please visit the Contact Us site and email us your question. Great questions from taxpayers are how this section of the website is created.


Copyright © 2008, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 12/9/2008


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information