homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

Royalty Interest: Royalties Paid to Nonresident Interest Owners

Royalties paid to all nonresident interest owners are subject to Oklahoma Withholding Tax. This includes corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates, etc.  The withholding rate is five percent (5%) of the gross royalty. The monies withheld are required to be remitted to the Oklahoma Tax Commission on a quarterly basis using Form WTR10002.  Taxpayers may also choose to report and pay electronically by utilizing QuickTax, our electronic business tax filing system. The obligation to deduct and withhold from payments does not apply to those payments which are made to:

  • Current or permanent residents of Oklahoma;
  • The United States, this State or any State or Federal Agency or Political subdivision;
  • Any charitable institution; or
  • Any Federally recognized Indian Tribe.

Copyright © 2012, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 3/28/2012


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information