How Do I: Start a new business?
Starting a new business may require you to register with the Oklahoma Tax Commission or a different state, city or county agency. The following steps can help:
- Attend a new business workshop & complete the business registration
application for the permits and/or accounts you need.
- Contact the Secretary of State if you intend to incorporate your
- Apply to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission to register for
unemployment insurance taxes.
Nonresident Contractors in addition must contact:
- Oklahoma Department of Labor, Worker Compensation Division (405) 528-1500, and
- County Assessor's Office for the county in which the work is to be done.