homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

How Do I: Start a new business?

Starting a new business may require you to register with the Oklahoma Tax Commission or a different state, city or county agency. The following steps can help:

  • Attend a new business workshop & complete the business registration
    application for the permits and/or accounts you need.
  • Contact the Secretary of State if you intend to incorporate your
  • Apply to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission to register for
    unemployment insurance taxes.

Nonresident Contractors in addition must contact:

  • Oklahoma Department of Labor, Worker Compensation Division (405) 528-1500, and
  • County Assessor's Office for the county in which the work is to be done.

Copyright © 2005, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 09/01/2005


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information