homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

Income Tax: Extensions

If there is no additional state income tax due and you intend to file within the period granted by the IRS, the Oklahoma Tax Commission will honor the Federal extension. Enclose a copy of the Federal extension with your filed Oklahoma return. An Oklahoma extension form 504 is required when requesting an extension beyond that granted by the IRS, or if you need to make a payment to cover your anticipated tax liability. An extension is valid only if 90 percent of the tax due is paid on or before the original due date of the return. An Oklahoma extension is not an extension of time to pay the tax, it is only an extension of time to file the return.


Copyright © 2005, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 09/01/2005


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information