Motor Vehicle: Registration Renewal Reminder Options
Oklahoma vehicle, boat, and outboard motor owners now have several options relating to registration renewal reminders. Most significantly, an email notification system is now available. The various options are outlined below:
Vehicle Owners have 2 options:
1) Choose to receive an email notice, at no charge, rather than a mailed postcard. Then, just prior to your renewal period, you will be sent a reminder email. To select that option:
2) Continue to receive mailed postcard reminders, at no charge. To select that option:
Boat and Outboard Motor Owners have 3 options:
1) Bearing in mind all Oklahoma boat and outboard registrations expire in June of the expiration year, you may decide no notification is necessary. In that event, simply advise your tag agent of your choice when next renewing your boat or motor. If renewing by mail, make the appropriate notation where indicated on the face of the postcard returned with your remittance.
2) Choose to receive an email notice, at no charge, rather than a mailed postcard. To select that option:
3) Continue to receive mailed postcard reminders, for a fee of $.50 per year. Please note, this option will add a fee of $.50 to the cost of your registration renewal. Military personnel eligible for the special military registration fee may choose to continue to receive a mailed renewal notice, at no additional charge.
Please direct any questions regarding the above to the Oklahoma Tax Commission Motor Vehicle Division at (in state toll free) 1(800) 522-8165, extension 12913, or direct at (405) 521-2913.