homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

MV: Commercial Truck Registration

Commercial trucks are trucks, truck tractors or station wagons utilized primarily in a commercial capacity. Registration fees are based upon the declared laden weight and, in some instances, the age of the vehicle.

To qualify for commercial truck registration at 15,000 lbs. or under, one (1) of the following must be presented:

  1. Federal Employers Identification Number
  2. Oklahoma Sales Tax Permit Number
  3. If a sole proprietor, a copy of Schedule C from the most recent tax year federal income tax return.

All commercial trucks and truck tractors are required to display the name of the commercial establishment or the words "Commercial Vehicle" permanently and prominently upon the outside of the vehicle, in letters not less than 2 inches high.



Copyright © 2005, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 09/01/2005


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information