MV: Liability Insurance Verification
Unless otherwise provided, proof of liability insurance coverage must be submitted upon the registration of every motor vehicle. Such proof will ordinarily be in the form of an insurance security verification form, which must contain the following:
- Name, address and the five-digit NAIC company code of the carrier
- Name, address and telephone number where security may be verified, if other than the carrier
- Name of the insured
- Notice that an owner’s policy has been issued pursuant to the Compulsory Insurance Law of Oklahoma.
- Year, make and the complete VIN of each insured vehicle. Fleet insurance is exempt from this requirement.
- Inclusive dates (beginning and ending date) the liability policy is in effect
- The policy number
- A warning to the owner that state law requires one (1) copy of the verification form to be surrendered upon registration and one (1) copy to be carried in the vehicle.
- The statement: "Examine policy exclusions carefully. This form does not constitute any part of your insurance policy."
Current liability insurance information is verified via an online verification system.