homepage graphic go to homepage contact us search the site

Forms & Publications
Online Services
Income Taxes
Business Taxes
Motor Vehicle
Gross Production
Ad Valorem
Payment Options
Rules & Decisions
How do i...
Frequently Asked Questions
General Agency Information

Up to the Minute..

Press Release
April 3, 2007

Countdown! Two Weeks to Filing Deadline;
Payment Options Outlined

What do you do after you’ve finished your Oklahoma income tax return and learn that you owe? Generally taxpayers that have a tax liability have either not had enough withheld out from their paychecks, or have not paid the correct amount in estimated taxes if they are required to make such payments.

Whether filing electronically or by paper there are several options available for taxpayers when paying their taxes. A relatively new alternative to writing a paper check is to use the e-check option on the agency website (www.tax.ok.gov). Found under the Payment Option link of the website, e-check allows a taxpayer to draft an electronic payment from their checking account on the date they choose.

Taxpayers can also still use the traditional method for payment of taxes which is to write a check or send in a money order. If mailing your return, checks and money orders should be made payable to “Oklahoma Tax Commission” and sent in with the return. Taxpayers who filed electronically and are paying by paper check should submit the Form 511-EF-V with their check. The Form 511-EF-V can be found on the agency website under the Income Tax Forms link.

The Oklahoma Tax Commission also accepts credit card payments. Credit card payments can be made in one of two ways. The first way is by clicking on the Payment Option link found on the Tax Commission website. Taxpayers will then be directed to a secure site to pay a balance due. Another option for payment by credit card is by paying the balance due over the phone. Taxpayers can call 1-800-2PAY-TAX and follow the automated instructions to process their payment. If paying over the phone taxpayers will be asked to supply a jurisdiction code which is 4600. There is a convenience fee of 2.5% when paying by credit card. This fee is based on the amount of the tax return balance due that is charged.

Information about filing Oklahoma state tax returns, answers to many tax questions, and options for electronic filing and payments may be found on the agency website at www.tax.ok.gov. Taxpayers may also call the agency Taxpayer Assistance office in-state toll-free at 1 (800)522-8165 and press “0” to speak to a representative.



Copyright © 2007, Oklahoma Tax Commission
Security Statement | Privacy Statement | Feedback | OK.gov
Last Modified 4/3/2007


forms and publications online services Oklahoma income taxes Oklahoma business taxes motor vehicle information payment options OTC reports OTC rules and commission decisions Steps to take for common tax needs meetings schedule Oklahoma tax due dates calendar frequently asked questions Oklahoma ad valorem information general information